Monday, January 10, 2011

My life is a workout...

So, my sister has been hassling me about starting a blog...and so here it is. Do I think that it will be a great way to document my travels and ideas, an excellent way for me to let my friends know where I am and what I'm doing, and a way to remember the great experiences of my life and express the Ukoh within? Yes. But sometimes taking the first step is the biggest hurdle in any journey, but journeying is my business and the sojourn is my path to fortune.

As you know...I live and work on cruise ships as a videographer. I'd say 90% of my job is to go on the excursions the ship offers and documenting the experience of our passengers, but along with documentation comes the experience, you can't really separate one from the other. So...when the passengers hike a trail, I hike, when they go zip lining , I go zip lining, and when they snorkel, I snorkel (with my underwater camera).

After finishing an exhausting 6 hour tour (which is uncharacteristically long) I just remember sitting on the the catamaran and thinking to myself..." my life is a workout".

I've recently been training a colleague of mine in the crew gymnasium, and while it is a great workout for him, I realize that staying fit is not just a matter of going to a gym, but living a life of activity outside the confines of ones apartment or place of residence.

Now while I wouldn't advocate someone depleting themselves, I think that life is about the expansion of the individual and the expression ones intestinal and innate power.

It's the reason why we like being aggressive, and does that mean that we have to act upon another individual in a negative way? No. But it does mean that we want to get the inner part of us....Out.

My life is a work-out and I look forward to expressing that which is with-in.

No comments: